This document is to help support you and your healthcare provider to develop a protocol that would be ideal for you. Your healthcare provider may also contact our medical team at email@example.com
The weight loss that we observed in our Femmenessence studies is in relation to hormones and is a 6% decrease in body weight on average. However, Femmenessence is not a weight-loss product, so we always give these additional tip.
These 7 suggestions are a useful guide, not only for managing your weight, but supporting better overall hormonal balance:
- Ensure at least 64-80oz of water every day - it’s a great detoxification aid and stored toxicity as well as hormonal changes can make weight loss very hard to achieve. pH Quintessence, which supports all phases of detoxification is a great companion product for Femmenessence.
- Add a high potency probiotic on a daily basis - healthy gut bacteria make a big contribution to 'energy metabolism'. We recommend Thorne’s Floramend or Pharmax’s HLC high-potency. Alternatively, add more fermented foods to your daily diet to support healthy gut bacteria. Get five different sorts of fermented foods (e.g. kimchi, Greek yogurt, kombucha, pickled beets, sauerkraut, etc) and eat a serving of each daily on a rotating basis. This simple dietary change will increase the bio-diversity of your gut bacteria and the more diverse, the healthier your microbiome. However, please note that if you have small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) - this may not be appropriate for you.
- Paleo-style eating - as well as avoiding dairy, gluten and sugar, paleo-style eating also involves avoiding grains (even those low-GI ones). So that means you will focus on vegetables, fruit, lean meat, seafood, nuts and seeds and healthy fats. Lots of Paleo eating advice available online.
- Muscle-building exercise - muscle is a very ‘hungry’ organ and another way to switch your metabolism into a higher gear.
- Restful sleep - poor sleep patterns make you more prone to gain and retain weight, so sleep in a cool, completely darkened room and ensure no electronic devices in the bedroom. Regular exercise can also promote better sleep.
- Reduce stress - the stress hormone cortisol is another contributing factor to weight gain. We recommend adding Lavela by Integrative Therapeutics into your daily routine to assist with calming your body and the stress response.
- Intermittent fasting - limiting the window of time in which you eat has many benefits, including the potential for losing weight and maintaining that weight loss. Plenty of online information on the various ways to fast intermittently.